ADSM-L

Can't get IPX to work

1998-07-09 10:17:20
Subject: Can't get IPX to work
From: Ben Kokenge <ben AT EDMS DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 09:17:20 -0500
I have installed ADSM on NT4 (v3.1.x) and I am using TCP/IP
for most of my clients.  However, I have some Novel that want
to backup using IPX/SPX and I can't get it to work.  I have one
Novel machine with TCP/IP loaded and it will back up, but when
I changed to IPX it gave me the error:

ANS1036S   Invalid Option 'IPXSERVERADDRESS' found in options file.

I used the dsm.opt.smp file and uncommented the IPX stuff, so that
must be the right command.  Here is my .OPT file:

*
    COMMMETHOD                 IPXSPX
      IPXSERVERADDRESS          435345ff
      IPXSOCKET                 8522