ADSM-L

Re: Archive x Retention

1998-07-07 20:40:31
Subject: Re: Archive x Retention
From: Brett Walker <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 16:40:31 -0800
Leandro,

You need to have 2 management classes (in the same policy set).  Use the
ARCHMC command line option to archive the file to one management class of
the other (you can also use GUI, which provides a drop-down list of
management classes you can archive to).

Hope this helps,
Brett

>Hi,
>
>I4ve the necessity of archive the my file "/home/leandro/a" with two
>retention periods (6 days and 30 days). What is the best way to do this ?
>If I define two Policy Sets (6_DAY and 30_DAY) this works ?
>
>ADSM Version: V3.1
>ADSM Server O.S.: NT V.4.0
>ADSM Client O.S.: NT V4.0
>

>Thanks in advance for any ideas that you may have,
>Leandro.

  Brett Walker                  ADSM Development, IBM
  walkerbl AT vnet.ibm DOT com         tie 276-0265
"That's just my opinion; I could be wrong."
      --- Dennis Miller