ADSM-L

Re: Slow initialization of exchange backups

1998-07-07 08:47:42
Subject: Re: Slow initialization of exchange backups
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 08:47:42 -0400
Thanks Deb -

I will check the time settings on the server and client.
We are infact using a command type schedule and "PROMPTED" Not "POLLING"
for a schedmode.

What we find is that the ADSM server shows the job as pending for a long
time before
the status is changed to started.

I was not sure if there was any lag due to Exchange or the Agent trying
to backup the
IS and DB. The times vary greatly so I was unsure what might cause it.

Thanks for you help -
CR

Cris Robinson
Senior Technical Analyst