ADSM-L

WinNT v3 dsmcutil and optfile

1998-07-06 13:43:44
Subject: WinNT v3 dsmcutil and optfile
From: Julianna Walter <Julie.Walter AT UALBERTA DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 11:43:44 -0600
Hi there!

It looks to me that if you run the backup on WinNT through the services it
does not read the exclude list in options file.  I'm getting errors that it
can't backup certain stuff that is already specified on the dsm.opt file.
In the dsmcutil readme file it says that the dsm.opt file would be
overridden by anything else specified when starting the Services and using
the /OPTFILE:optionsfile option.  I specified no such thing, it also says
that it will grab the file from the CLIENTDIR.  The clientdir if not
specified is defaulted to the current directory, which I assume is the
directory where the Services and everything else resides - in my case
it is the BACLIENT directory.  Am I missing something?  Should I have to
specify additional info although all the defaults are correct?
Please shed some light, I'm wilting here....

Thanks in Advance!
Julie

Julie Walter                           Phone: 492-9338  Fax:  492-1729
Help Desk Analyst                      E-Mail: Julie.Walter AT ualberta DOT ca
Computing and Network Services
Rm 302 General Services Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta. CA