ADSM-L

NT server v3 problems

1998-07-06 09:30:29
Subject: NT server v3 problems
From: Tim Gaverth <tim.gaverth AT GSFC.NASA DOT GOV>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 09:30:29 -0400
Hello,

We're using v3.1.1.3 on a WinNT server. We just moved from an AIX server, and
are having some trouble with the migration. Did an export from the AIX server,
and installed the NT server. Now, admin sessions hang. Web, command line, and
GUI. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Also may have a problem with the device type definition. Our autoloader is a
Breece-Hill Q2.15, but the adsm server didn't seem to want to mount tapes with
the dev type set to DLT. Kept getting those "...insufficient mount point"
errors. Made a new dev class using GENERICTAPE, and now the tapes will mount,
although the est. capacity is now incorrect. That let us start the import
server command, but that process has also hung.

So, we'd like to know if others have these problems, and is the NT version of
the server known to be pretty buggy, or did we set up the NT server
incorrectly? Our past experience with ADSM has always been with unix servers,
generally AIX. We're just evaluating the NT version now, and may have missed
something.

Thanks for any help.

Timothy J. Gaverth
System Administrator