ADSM-L

Re: NT Server install problem

1998-07-03 19:40:31
Subject: Re: NT Server install problem
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 19:40:31 -0400
Hello,

There is a problem that we are aware of (and plan on fixing) that is probably
the source of your trouble. To circumvent the problem, you need to ensure that
the amount of available space on the drive that NT is installed on PLUS the
amount of available space on the drive that the TEMP environment variable
points to is less than 2 GB.

For example, suppose that:

1) The NT operating system is on the D: drive
2) The D: drive has 500 MB of free space
3) The TEMP environment variable is set to F:\TEMP
4) The F: drive has 3 GB of free space

This will cause the problem because the sum of available space is 3.5 GB, which
exceeds 2 GB. In this case, there are a couple of things you can try:

a) Set the TEMP variable to point to D:\TEMP (you'll need to create a TEMP
directory on the D: drive). Since the D: drive has less than 2 GB of free
space, you should be able to do the installation successfully. Once it's
complete, you can set TEMP back to its original setting.

b) Create one or more large files on the F: drive such that the free space on
the drive drops to less than 1.5 GB. Once the installation is complete, you can
remove the large file(s).

Hope this helps,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 07/02/98 10:04:45 PM