ADSM-L

Re: Element address on HP DLT changer

1998-07-02 18:26:52
Subject: Re: Element address on HP DLT changer
From: Nancy Young <youngny AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 18:26:52 -0400
Ben,

   Whenever the ADSM device development has added new devices to the ADSM/NT
server, they will add the device information in the README.DEV file.  You can
go to the install directory for the ADSM server, default is
win32app\ibm\adsm\server, and read this file.  Search for 4448 and you will
find the information.

   I just looked, it happened that the element addresses are 1-4.  Make sure
you have the latest ptf (I do not remember when this device was added but it is
always advisable to get the latest ptf).  If you do and still the label does
not work, then you may double check - sometimes the manufacturer of the
libraries assigns scsi ids for the drives in the reverse order.  E.g. they may
assign scsi 4 to the first drive, scsi 3 to the second drive and so on ... so
the alias number mt4.0.0.x may refer to the first drive instead of the 4th.  I
don't know whether this is the case ... you may try it.

Regards,
Nancy Young

###  Find the latest ADSM information at http://www.storage.ibm.com/ADSM  ###

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 07/02/98 09:54:47 AM