ADSM-L

Re: Retrieving ADSM client logs from a central location - Questio n

1998-07-02 12:40:11
Subject: Re: Retrieving ADSM client logs from a central location - Questio n
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 12:40:11 -0400
Hi Simon

If you are running a V2 server, there is nothing that will do that for you
automatically, unless you can use something like Microsoft's SMS server to
collect data from the client, but that only works on Windows platforms,
anyway.

In the V3 server, the function you are asking about is built into the
product.

Look at the ADSM V3 Technical Guide, chapter 5, it gives instructions.
Point your browser to:

        http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/SG242236/sg242236.htm

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert