ADSM-L

Re: HelpDesk Restores

1998-07-02 08:43:13
Subject: Re: HelpDesk Restores
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 12:43:13 GMT
Replying to: Kelly Root <kroot1 AT TUELECTRIC DOT COM> (Fri, 12 Jun 1998
13:34:30
-0500)
>I am trying to set up an environment so that my HelpDesk can restore >I am
>trying to set up an environment so that my HelpDesk can restore files
>from different NT file servers. I have registered a node helpdesk and given
>access to our server called FS020. Q access on FS020 gives:
>Type        Node              User      Path
>--------        -------------------------------------
>Backup   HELPDESK    *           G:\CLIENT\*\*
>Backup   HELPDESK    *           F:\CLIENT\*\*
>Backup   HELPDESK    *           F:\*\*
>
>When I start a GUI session with node helpdesk. Utilities Access another
>user.. fs020.
>I get the directory structure but cannot drill down any further to select a
> file to restore.
>WHY?????

It's working here:

dsmc> q acc
Node Name: GARFIELD
Session established with server ADSM: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 3, Release 1, Level 1.2
  Server date/time: 02-07-1998 13:27:49  Last access: 02-07-1998 13:20:05

Type     Node        User        Path
----     ----------------------------
Backup   CALVIN                  *
Backup   CALVIN                  *
Archive  CALVIN                  *
Backup   HOBBES                  F:\CLIENTES\*
Backup   HOBBES                  G:\*

Using node CALVIN I can access any backup and archive. With node HOBBES I
can only access (restore) backups for drive G: (all dirs, and files) and for
drive F the \CLIENTES directory (and sub-dirs). The difference seems to be
I'm not using any username. All clients are at level 3.1.0.3, GARFIELD is
WinNT, CALVIN & HOBBES :-) are Win95.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,