ADSM-L

Re: view backup progress -Reply -Reply

1998-07-01 14:14:44
Subject: Re: view backup progress -Reply -Reply
From: John Cirocco <JCirocco AT GW.CTG DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 14:14:44 -0400
Cindy,

>>Thanks for the info! What happens when I want the same type of
>>detail with a platform other than Novell? Even though this is happening
>>today, and the need is an immediate one, issues like this come up (and
>>I know this will be something the support desk will want to know
>>eventually).

We are very new to ADSM so take any advice with LARGE AMOUNTS of
CAUTION.  :)

That said (and I have not tried this), how about piping your screen I/O to
a file.  When you want to see the status, view the file or a copy of it.  I
know some platforms let you copy a file in use.  Might be something to
try.  I will give it a shot tonight on my Win/NT and Unix systems to see if it
works.  On my NT and Win95 systems I perform:

dsmc incremental >c:\syslogs\dsmc.log

John

John W. Cirocco
Manager, Data Center Operations