ADSM-L

Re: Restoring files & subdirectories to a different directory

1998-06-30 20:00:37
Subject: Re: Restoring files & subdirectories to a different directory
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 17:00:37 -0700
Yes. According to the help file for v3.1.3, the example looks as
follows for your case:

| res /fs/h1/m1/ /u/ann/ -su=yes        | /u/ann/file.a
| -preservep=none                       | /u/ann/file.b
|                                       | /u/ann/file.x
|                                       | /u/ann/file.y

The subdir=yes option applies to the search criteria, while the
-preservepath (which can be abbreviated as -pp, thank you ADSM
developers!) option applies to the restored files. So all of the
developers!) option applies to the restored files. So all of the
files in the directory /fs/h1/m1 and all files in subsequent
subdirectories will be retrieved into the directory /u/ann/.

I don't believe that there is a way for you to construct things
such that you get what you have described. If you were to say
"-pp=subtree", your restored tree would look like this:

   /u/ann/m1/file.a
   /u/ann/m1/file.b
   /u/ann/m1/l1/file.x
   /u/ann/m1/l1/file.y