ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:57:47
Howdy,
I tried to restore some files last night to a different location, but
ran into some problems. I'm running on AIX with version 3 of the server.
The documentation for dsmc restore has a -preservep option of "none",
"subtree" & "complete". The example shows exactly what we want to do,
but it didn't work.

The example was as follows:-
Assume file space /fs1/ contains the following backup copies:
/fs/h1/m1/file.a
/fs/h1/m1/file.b
/fs/h1/m1/l1/file.x
/fs/h1/m1/l1/file.y

res /fs/h1/m1/ /u/ann/ -su=yes -preservp=none
                            /u/ann/file.a
                            /u/ann/file.b
                            /u/ann/l1/file.x
                            /u/ann/l1/file.y

What actually restored was
                            /u/ann/file.a
                            /u/ann/file.b
                            /u/ann/file.x
                            /u/ann/file.y

Am I doing something incorrect? Has anyone got this working?

Thank
Wayne
wayne AT nettrack.com DOT au