ADSM-L

CPU Panic Crash

1998-06-30 14:53:39
Subject: CPU Panic Crash
From: BRIAN ROWAN <BRIAN.ROWAN AT SPCORP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 14:53:39 -0400
     Greetings ADSM'ers

     I am running ADSM 3.1.1.3 on an NT 4.0 box. My client is the lastest
     PTF on Digital Unix 4.0D. I am trying to do a point in time restore to
     test this function. Shortly after I start the restore from the client,
     The machine crashs with a CPU Panic. The error log says CPU PANIC:
     BREAD Size=0. I can duplicate this everytime I try to do a restore.
     I am not sure if the problem is related to point in time restores or
     all restores. Since I am wanting a point in time restore, I am telling
     it to overwrite all files, locked or not. At the time of the panics
     there is no other processes running outside of the restore and
     standard unix daemons.

     Any Ideas?

     Brian Rowan

     P.S. I am also having a problem with the restoration of file type
     socket. Dec's vdump automatically doesn't back up these file type
     since the socket subsystem creates them on the fly as needed. I am
     having to manually enter these files to be excluded from the backup. I
     call this a work around and not a fix. Is anyone else having problems
     with file type socket?