ADSM-L

Re: backup db problem

1998-06-30 11:13:51
Subject: Re: backup db problem
From: Roger Nadler <Roger_Nadler AT SONYMUSIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 11:13:51 -0400
The issue of single backups per tape on version 2 caused us to add a 4mm
DAT drive just for off site storage of these backups. If we used one of the
DLT drives in the tape library we would be wasting a 30 GIG tape everytime
we did a full dbase backup. This meant that there would be manual
intervention on an old DAT drive just for this purpose. We allowed the
incrementals and automated full backups to go to triple mirrored disk, but
needed an operator to keep check on this and periodically do a manual full
backup. If version 3 lets multiple full db backups on a tape, it might be
worth revisiting this scenario.

Does anyone know this for sure?