ADSM-L

NumEmptyVols went negative

1998-06-29 11:16:13
Subject: NumEmptyVols went negative
From: Steve D'Angona <dangona AT TREX.NIST DOT GOV>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 11:16:13 -0400
I am running ADSM server V2.1.0.13 on RS/6000 with 3590 tape library,and
was moving data from tape to disk. When the process was done, I noticed a
"Q VOL" showed the tape still had about 2.5% utilization.

Another "Move Data" came back with something like "nothing to move".

So I tried an "AUDIT VOLUME" and it completed immediately, but the
actlog showed:

ANR9999D asvol.c(801): NumEmptyVols went negative for pool 5.

After this, a "Q VOL" showed nothing was on the volume. I was able to
delete the volume and things seem to be working fine, however, I'm a
little concerned that I may have a screwed up DB.

This message doesn't appear in my messages manual, and the message type
of "D" isn't mentioned there either. So much for accurate
documentation..

Anyone seen this before or have any thots on what I may want to watch
out for?

Please reply directly to this list.

Thank you!

Steve