ADSM-L

V3 Exchange Agent backups

1998-06-26 19:14:28
Subject: V3 Exchange Agent backups
From: "Cunningham, Jennifer" <Jennifer.Cunningham AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 19:14:28 -0400
Hello fellow ADSM gurus.....

We are having some difficulties scheduling backups on our test V3 NT
ADSM server to back up a test Exchange server with the new agent.  We
can run immediate backups from the Exchange Agent GUI on the Exchange
server itself.  We can ping the Exchange server from our ADSM NT server,
we can see it, and connect, but we are unable to complete any scheduled
backups due to a TCP/IP connection failure, and a protocol violation.
We have figured out that it must be something  in the opt files.  We
have both the Exchange agent and the NT backup client loaded on the
Exchange server.

Has anyone figured out how to run successful schedules backups of
Exchange servers?  If you have, could you please forward me a copy of
our options files, etc, or give any help of any kind?  We have found
contradictions within the documentation, and are now a little
confused....

Thanks in advance,
Jennifer

Liberty Mutual Insurance Group
jennifer.cunningham AT libertymutual DOT com