ADSM-L

ADSM Filename Limitations???

1998-06-26 12:39:52
Subject: ADSM Filename Limitations???
From: "Bushman, Christopher M" <cbushman AT AMP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 12:39:52 -0400
Greetings,

Does anyone know if there are limitations on the path and/or filename that
ADSM will sucessfully backup?  I'm using ADSM Version 3 on NT with a Version
2 NT client.  One of our customers has gone 'crazy' and has begun using
paths and filenames greater than 256.  I was under the impression that
whatever the filesystem could address, ADSM could backup, but nightly
backups have failed when these files are encountered.

Christopher Bushman
NT Technical Services
AMP Incorporated
81(0-2589)