ADSM-L

ADSM/NT V3 Client User Access List Processing

1998-06-25 15:32:20
Subject: ADSM/NT V3 Client User Access List Processing
From: Dennis Schaffer <Dennis.Schaffer AT MUTUALOFOMAHA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 14:32:20 -0500
We recently upgraded one ADSM Win NT client from V2.1.0.6 to V3.1.0.3.

Our clients are normally configured (using "Set Authorization" in V2) to
allow administrative users to restore files on behalf of all our clients.
We do that specifying a node of "MCSADMN*" and a value of "*" (without the
quotes) for Drive, Label, Directory and Filename and clicking the "Backup"
button..

This authorization was not previously set on the NT client which was
upgraded to V3.  I've tried to set that now, using the "User Access List"
option but when I attempt to add the rule, I get a popup window stating
"Filespace not known to server".  This client is a Win NT server with over
20 logical drives/filespaces.

Does anyone know what might be causing this problem or if there is a
different way of specifying wildcard drives in V3?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Thanks,

Dennis Schaffer
Mutual of Omaha