ADSM-L

Re: Netware

1998-06-25 09:13:10
Subject: Re: Netware
From: Roger Nadler <Roger_Nadler AT SONYMUSIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 09:13:10 -0400
I am the ADSM Admin as well as the Novell Admin. There is nothing else that
I would use for backing up Novell other than ADSM. So what if it's a
hassle............ I can do a restore of a users file in under 5 minutes,
if the person actual knows the name of the file they need restored. I got
rid of Arcserve last August and have never regretted the change. I backup
approx 8 Intraware 4.11 servers as well as 2 Lotus Notes Windows NT and my
Sun Solaris Sparc network management station. Net file changes a night are
9 gig for my incremental. I do this in less than two hours with a copy pool
taking 1 1/2 hours as well. There is no other way to do this as
effectively. Just train your Novell Admins in how to do restores.