ADSM-L

Re: Netware GUI

1998-06-25 08:34:27
Subject: Re: Netware GUI
From: Jeff Connor <connorj AT NIMO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 08:34:27 -0400
Hi Tony,

I have been through exactly what you are going through.  Our Netware
support staff would not let me use ADSM to backup our Netware servers for
two reasons.  Lack of a GUI client like Arcserve and they perceived ADSM to
be slower than Arcserve using drive attached to each of the servers versus
backup over a network.  They don't care that our operators have a real ball
keeping track of tapes and all the media hassles that come with Arcserve.
The Netware guys here are pompous morons and fortunately we are replacing
all our Netware servers over time with Windows NT servers.  The NT guys are
a little easier to get along with.  Anyway in talking with IBM over the
last year and a half or so, they have mentioned they are working on a
Windows based GUI client for Netware servers.  I don't know if they've
abandoned the effort or if it's still being investigated.  Also I'm not
sure if webshell is available with the Netware client.  Good luck!

Jeff Connor
Niagara Mohawk Power Corp
Syracuse NY

"Field, Anthony" <Anthony.Field AT CENTRELINK.GOV DOT AU> on 06/24/98 08:26:17
PM