ADSM-L

Re: help needed. Atape driver?

1998-06-25 01:31:22
Subject: Re: help needed. Atape driver?
From: Jennifer Davis <jedavis AT DFW DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 00:31:22 -0500
Yu,

The Atape drive is VERY picky about the order of the install over an
earlier version. Here is the recommended way to upgrade it and avoid ODM
corruption.

rmdev -dl rmt#  (for EVERY device supported by this driver, even your 7331)
cd /usr/lpp/Atape
lpp.deinstall
cd /tmp (asumming this is where you downloaded the driver)
installp -acqd Atape.4.1.7.0 all  (asumming that you downloaded latest
version)
cfgmgr   (to reconfigure your devices)

*Be sure that the 7331 & 7337 are in RANDOM mode before you run cfgmgr.
*This allows the robot to be configured (/dev/smc0 & /dev/smc1)
*For the 7337 the RANDOM mode is not called random, ensure that it is set
*with "Automatic OFF".

P.S. WITH ATAPE, NEWER IS BETTER.