ADSM-L

ver 3 licensing on AIX 4.2.1 for upgrade

1998-06-24 18:25:34
Subject: ver 3 licensing on AIX 4.2.1 for upgrade
From: "Lynch, Rich" <Lynch.Rich AT MBCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 17:25:34 -0500
I'm just about to upgrade my version 2.1.5.13 server to version 3
(latest ptfs from storsys ftp site). We have a 3494 library - I need
extended device support license - does this come with your server media,
or how do I get this? We have paid for the license, and currently have a
license for the 3494 on our current version 2 server. Is there a license
file like in version 2 that just has all the licenses in them? Thanks.

Also any pitfalls to the version 3 upgrade would be appreciated. Thanks