ADSM-L

Re: SQLconnect agent: ANR0534W on server

1998-06-24 07:35:30
Subject: Re: SQLconnect agent: ANR0534W on server
From: Campbell Esplin <Campbell AT KINGSLEY.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 13:35:30 +0200
Johan,

ADSM API backups normally does not sense the size of objects when being
backed up. So it has no figure to use as a test against the available
amount of space on the DISK stgpool. If u direct the backup straight to
tape, or if u can find an "avgsize" parameter u can set to being larger
than the disk stgpool
then ADSM will direct automatically to tape. I recall that there is such a
parameter in the ADSMConnect code. Cannot recall the exact parameter now.

Campbell Esplin
Excalibur Business Solutions cc
http://www.excal.co.za
----------
> From: Johan Gouws <johang AT HOLLARD.CO DOT ZA>
> From: Johan Gouws <johang AT HOLLARD.CO DOT ZA>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Subject: SQLconnect agent: ANR0534W on server
> Date: Wednesday, June 24, 1998 12:59 PM
>
> Hi ADSMers
>
> I have been trying to run a backup of a SQL database with size 22gig. It
is backing up to a backuppool of 6.4 gig with a dlt autochanger defined as
the migration pool with migration left on default i.e hi=90 lo=30. The
backup runs until the 6.4 gig is full and then the following message
appear:

> ANR0534W TRANSACTION FAILRD FOR SESSION 1646 FOR NODE DWHSQL(WINNTDB) -
SIZE ESTIMATE EXCEEDED AND SERVER IS UNABLE TO OBTAIN ADDITIONAL SPACE IN
STORAGE POOL BACKUPPOOL.

> The storage hierarchy is set up to move from backuppool to the tapepool
but for some reason this does not happen. The only thing that I could think
of that could change this was checking the waiting for tape mounts on the
SQL client.