ADSM-L

Re: TSO Admin client

1998-06-22 15:59:22
Subject: Re: TSO Admin client
From: James SPORER <james.sporer AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 13:59:22 -0600
     Fred,
     You sure can do that.  All you need to do is have a client option
     file, DSCOPT ddname, that points to your aix adsm server.
     Jim Sporer UW Madison

Subject: TSO Admin client
Author:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>  at IPNET
Date:    6/22/98 11:00 AM

Our production server is now AIX4.2 but previously was on MVS.  We still
maintain an Archive on MVS, so we still need "anasdm" to point to the MVS
server.  What would be very helpful is if "dsmadmc" would point to the AIX
server.  It isn't clear to the MVS people whether that is possible.   The
TSO admin client seems to be the most attractive way of having the
operations staff monitor the availablity of the AIX server on off hours.

Fred Johanson
System Administrator
SEA
NSIT