ADSM-L

Restore Volume List

1998-06-20 10:57:31
Subject: Restore Volume List
From: Ken Rackow <Ken_Rackow AT EM.FCNBD DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 09:57:31 -0500
     We are planning to restore a large file space that has been backed up
     nightly for a couple of years. It would be very helpful if we could
     get a list of all the volumes needed to perform this restore.  Is
     there a query command that would create a list of all tape volumes
     associated with the restore of all active files for a file space?
     Ideally, we would like to be able to write this list to a file, and
     use the list to ensure that all the tapes we'll need for our restore
     are located in our silos when the restore begins.

     Our MVS server is at level 3.1.2

     Our Netware client is at level 3.1.3