ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:57:46
Hi All

    I have a client options set on the server using which I am controlling the
client directories that I want to backup. Basically, we are asking the users to
place all files in d:\backup for backup. I have the following three client
options in the order they appear:

exclude.dir ?:\...\*
exclude.dir ?:\
include d:\backup\...\*.* desktop

    where desktop is my management class. Everything in d:\backup and below is
getting backed up. However, all the directories in my C: and D: drives are
being "sent". The documentation clearly says that include exclude rules do not
apply to directories and that one should use exclude.dit syntax, which is what
I am using. How do I avoid all 25,000 directory names from appearing in my
filespace? Also, when I use the GUI front end to restore, these directories
appear, though there is nothing underneath them. This is a problem because the
novice user (we have a lot of them) will think that these directories have been
backed up.

    Another question: If NT or Win 95 Clients create a shortcut in d:\backup to
other document directories, will the contents of these directories be backed
up? (Is there an equivalent of followsymboliclink for Windows NT?)

    Thanks for any help.

Ravi