ADSM-L

DFS, backup Backup Database?

1998-06-19 06:02:58
Subject: DFS, backup Backup Database?
From: Alexander Verkooyen <alexander AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 12:02:58 +0200
Hello,

I'm using the ADSM DFS fileset backup agent and I would
like to backup the bakserver's Backup Database.

The 'bak savedb' and the 'bak restoredb' commands are
not supported by the fileset backup agent and I was wondering
how other people made reliable copies of their Backup Database.

The only method I can think of is to stop the bakserver, use ADSM
to make a backup of /opt/dcelocal/var/dfs/backup and
start the bakserver again.

Does anybody have another solution?

Regards,

Alexander
Alexander Verkooijen                SARA
Alexander Verkooijen                SARA
Systems Programmer                  Academic Computing
alexander AT sara DOT nl                   Services Amsterdam