ADSM-L

WINDOWS95 GUI BACKUP

1998-06-18 14:45:45
Subject: WINDOWS95 GUI BACKUP
From: Gayle Hofmann <gayle.hofmann AT WENGERCORP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 13:45:45 -0500
We are using the Windows GUI ADSM (IBM\ADSM\baclient\dsm.exe) to backup a Novell
Network onto an AS400 3570 drive.  We have 7 volumes of various sizes on our
Novell Server.  We started a complete backup on Monday.  After 3 hours we only
had about 1.52 gb backed up and the server quit.  The next day we chose all
volumes but vol 7 and started a backup again.  After about 7 hours we only had
about 4.0 gb backed up.  Is this a typical time scenario for doing a complete
backup?  Every night we do an AS400 backup onto the 3570 drive.  Is it possible
to do the AS400 backup and an ADSM backup as automatic unattended?  We are
accessing the ADSM server via a Windows95 ADSM client which then can access the
Novell Drives.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Gayle Hofmann