ADSM-L

Re: Enabling Collocation and DataBase size

1998-06-17 13:30:49
Subject: Re: Enabling Collocation and DataBase size
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 13:30:49 -0400
If you enable collocation in an existing pool, any new output tapes will be
created collocated.  If your existing tapes are still available for Write,
ADSM will still try to write on them.

When new tapes are created, ADSM will try to put each client's data on a
separate tape, up until the number of scratch tapes (or WRITEable) tapes you
have in the pool.  If there are more clients than tapes, it will double up,
but still try to keep all of one client's data together.

The old data (the first 46 tapes) will start to get collocated as you start
reclaiming those tapes.