ADSM-L

Re: Problems with ADSM and Novell 3.11

1998-06-16 15:33:59
Subject: Re: Problems with ADSM and Novell 3.11
From: Doug Baker <dbaker AT POSEIDON.UCC.UCONN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 14:33:59 -0500
<snip>

> I have ADSM installed on a 3.12 server and backups are executed properly.  I
> am about to install it on a test system that is running 3.11.  Does anyone
> know if this is going to be an issue?  I will be updating the NLMs specified
> in the docs, but I wanted to see if anyone has experienced any problems prior
> to my discovering them.

I've actually run ADSM (V2R1,level 0.7) on relatively un-patched 3.11
servers. It did not actually cause the servers to hang.
Instead it had a difficult time getting through a large backup
without timing out. Applying the specified patches seemed to cure
that problem.

Ironically I do get random protection faults on fully-patched
4.11 servers.. ADSM communication is lost until a reboot, but the
server stays up otherwise.

Doug Baker
dbaker AT uconnvm.uconn DOT edu