ADSM-L

Re: ADSM server won't start

1998-06-16 12:53:17
Subject: Re: ADSM server won't start
From: Lothar Guthmann <ltg AT GOME5.PHYSIK.UNI-BREMEN DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 18:53:17 +0200
Craig Murphy wrote:

> Has anyone seen these errors before. Happens when I try to start the ADSM
> server. Was running fine , I did a "query db" nothing happened. Noticed the
> server had stopped. Rebooted  - and getting this error. HELP!!
> 06/16/98 12:12:54 [ADSM] Starting Server
> ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 08:47:19 on Aug 14 1997.
>
> ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager for AIX-RS/6000
> Version 2, Release 1, Level 5.13/5.13
>
> Licensed Materials - Property of IBM
>
> 5765-564 (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 1995. All rights reserved.
> U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
> restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

> * FIX TEST: PTF 13 + buffer flush and performance  *
> *           corrections                            *
> Explanation (fstat error): No such file or directory
> Explanation (fstat error): No such file or directory
> Explanation (fstat error): No such file or directory
> Explanation (fstat error): No such file or directory
> Has my database or recovery log packed a sad??

[stuff deleted]

If your db and recoverylog reside in files, check the availability of the files.
I unmounted
a filesystem containing the recovery log (which I forgot)  recently and started
the server.
I got quite the same error msg as you.

The error msg in this point could be really better, i.e. the server should tell
the complete
pathname of the missing files.

Greetings, Lothar