ADSM-L

Re: Exchange connect agent: automatic delete of old backup v

1998-06-12 08:51:08
Subject: Re: Exchange connect agent: automatic delete of old backup v
From: Chris Zaremba <zaremba AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 08:51:08 -0400
Ren?,

>Will adsm (next release?) offer a possibility to execute the delete of old
>versions automatically? From the server side?
>
>Today, we have to logon each Exchange server, call the Restore window and
>manually delete the specific versions. This is very time consumming,
>although the delete itself runs fast.

Yes, we do have plans to exploit the automatic expiration on the ADSM server in
our next release.

Until that capability becomes available, you can achieve some automation by
writing a script on
the exchange server to pipe the output of an exchange agent query command to a
file and then issuing
delete commands for all objects older than a certain date.

Chris Zaremba
ADSM Agent Development
internet  zaremba AT us.ibm DOT com