ADSM-L

Re: Informix and ADSM serial or not serial?

1998-06-09 09:14:55
Subject: Re: Informix and ADSM serial or not serial?
From: buser andreas <andreas.buser AT BASLER DOT CH>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 09:14:55 -0400
Hipolito Fierro, Jr wrote:

> I hear from Informix that the onbar -b -w is a serial backup process
> only. Which means I can't utilize the two tape drives in my robot.
>
> 1) Have you all seen this to be true?
> 2) How big are the data base you all are backing up with the onbar -b -w
> command?
We use ONBAR on both ways (serial and parallel) with no problems.
Parallel is faster. Restore works.

There is big adavantage of ONBAR! If a Backupsession gets Problems like
sessions-abends, or Storage-Pool Full, the Onbar-CLients restarts the
Save for this tablesspace automaticaly! Backup only takes a little
longer, but it is done, and that's the important thing!!

Kind Regards
Andreas Buser
Andreas Buser

Tel:   0041 61 285 73 21