ADSM-L

WinNT V3 DEVCLASS DEVT=FILE?

1998-06-08 20:43:41
Subject: WinNT V3 DEVCLASS DEVT=FILE?
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 20:43:41 -0400
Weird question #47:

On the WinNT server, has anyone been able to define a DEVCLASS of type FILE
using a network mounted directory?

This is what I did:

DEFINE DEVCLASS DISKFILE DEVTYPE=FILE DIRECTORY=G: MOUNTLIMIT=2
BACKUP DB TYPE=FULL DEVCLASS=DISKFILE

When the driectory is D:, a local hard drive, this works just fine.

When the directory is G:, which is a persistent connection to a network
mapped drive, it gets the message "mount failed".  I can write to G: with a
"print to file" from the admin client, so I know the directory can be
written to.

Is this a known limitation, or is there something I am missing here?

Thanks!

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert