ADSM-L

Informix and ADSM serial or not serial?

1998-06-08 13:32:30
Subject: Informix and ADSM serial or not serial?
From: "Hipolito Fierro, Jr" <polo AT NMCOURTS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 11:32:30 -0600
I hear from Informix that the onbar -b -w is a serial backup process
only. Which means I can't utilize the two tape drives in my robot.

1) Have you all seen this to be true?
2) How big are the data base you all are backing up with the onbar -b -w
command?
    Ours is about 9 Gb now.

Thanks for you suggestions to my Informix ADSM question.
The red book is good but if you notice they are at ADSM v2.x and they
state in the book that they did not get a chance to verify the restore.
Nice huh?
You did prompt me to look at IBM's site and there is a new white paper
on ADSM / Informix I am going to review
http://www.storage.ibm.com/software/adsm/adwhdb/adwhdb.htm

Thanks again for you help.
polo :-)