ADSM-L

Re: Automatic start/restart of dsmc/dsmserv - Solaris

1998-06-04 11:00:49
Subject: Re: Automatic start/restart of dsmc/dsmserv - Solaris
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 11:00:49 -0400

> I know. The case in my site is that I have two nodes on the same machine
> so that I cannot have them both GENERATE. You can see that the first
> line does not contain either nodename or password.

I have multiple node on the same machine connecting without passwords.  I
do this via the dsm.opt file and multiple server's, so the dsmc call says
dsmc sch -se=otherserver, which supply the nodename, and therefore, no
passwordaccess generate works.  These are V2 client, and I know V3 makes
changes in this area (virtualnodename), so I do not know if V3 breaks what
I am doing.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,