ADSM-L

DUMPDB tablespace

1998-06-02 14:33:13
Subject: DUMPDB tablespace
From: "Sanders, David" <DSanders AT INTERNAL.MASSMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 14:33:13 -0400
Currently I have a MVS-server based DB that is "mildly" broken.  There
is an indication that a table "AS.Volume.Assignment" can't have a row
deleted. ANR1040E message.

The suggestion is to do a "DUMPDB" with the table parm to restrict the
unload of that table only, and then reload back.  With a 1.8G DB, I have
a concern that this may take a -LONG- time??  Since this is V2, we know
that the potential for 2-3 days doing the full DUMPDB, LOADDB and
AUDITDB is there.  I can then assume that doing only the table is less
than 3 days??  Yikes, not very comforting!!!!

Has anyone done this and could you estimate a time for me?  Also, if I
start to do the table dump, can I cancel non-destructively or am I
committed??  Thanks

Dave Sanders
Sr. Technical Consultant
DSanders AT massmutual DOT com
1295 State St, E060, Springfield, MA 01111
413-744-5095
MassMutual / The Blue Chip Company