ADSM-L

adsm and v2 novell client

1998-06-01 16:54:42
Subject: adsm and v2 novell client
From: Cindy Cannam <CCannam AT GENAM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 15:54:42 -0500
To all:

I've just recently installed ADSM v2 client code in our Novell 3.11/3.12
environment. We've been having a rough time with TCP/IP (which was
installed in March/April, 1998) time-outs, etc. It's been more than
difficult to get a complete full backup done with all the interruptions,
and I still don't feel confident that we've attained a true initial backup
on some of the servers. And we're not slated for V3 upgrade until later in
July. The backups are needed now.

After a few frustrating days, the Novell folks and I started looking for
fixes for the TCP/IP environment with ADSM. We found an entry specific to
Novell, IP, and ADSM on the Novell site. Unfortunately, it refers to a file
we haven't been able to locate on the IBM site, and don't have Compuserve
available to access to retrieve it according to Novell's own instructions.

The file is called NOV20256.3DI --- when installed with a v2 client, it
updates files related to Novell with ADSM, and the TSA312 NLM is also
provided. This directly corresponds to the problems we're experiencing with
TSA312 messages.

Does anyone know where this file may be found and downloaded? Is it called
something else in another site? We've downloaded the IP21123 files from
IBM's site, but don't have a test machine available to try them out, but
don't know that these are the files we need to get going.

Your help is appreciated!

C.L.Cannam
Storage Management
GENAM/St. Louis, MO/USA