ADSM-L

DB2 backup using ADSM

1998-05-29 01:01:14
Subject: DB2 backup using ADSM
From: Maria Lynn <Maria_Lynn.GENERAL_ACCIDENT_GROUP AT NZI.COM DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 15:01:14 +1000
Could somebody help me please....

I have ADSMV3.1.1 installed on an IBM F50 running AIXv4.2.1 with ADSM
v2.1.2.7 client and DB2 API on the same machine. I've tested both TCP/IP
and Shared Memory Communications methods and I cannot seem to get a highly
optimised time.

I'm using a "db2 backup database use adsm open 2 sessions with 4 buffers
buffer 4096" command from DB2 UDB to backup the 32+GB of data we have, and
it takes around 1h23mins to 1h30mins.

The hardware used are as follows:
     EXB220 robot with 2 x Exabyte 8900 Mammoth drives
     IBM SSA disks (9GB)
     IBM F50 with PowerPC 604e chips / 166MHz

Any suggestions on how I can lessen the backup window?