ADSM-L

Directories saved in wrong pool

1998-05-26 18:34:52
Subject: Directories saved in wrong pool
From: "Darren V. Croft" <croftd AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 18:34:52 -0400
We are use ADSM/2 v2.1 r12

We have several management classes in a storage pool. One management
class is named DATAFILES it is not the default class. Its default
storage pool is DBFILES. Node SCOTTY uses an include list to specify
this managment class and send some of it's files to this storage pool.
This works fine.

The problem is that we have other nodes on the network. This management
class is not mentioned in their include lists. However, directories
(but not files) from these other nodes are being written to the tapes
in the DBFILES pool. Directories from SCOTTY that don't match the
include criteria are also being written to the DBFILES storage pool
volumes incorrectly. (I determined what was being written to the
volumes using the list files option in the administrator GUI.)

How can this be happening?
How do I correct it?

Thanks,
Darren