ADSM-L

adsm 3.1 for nt with library compaq dlt 3570

1998-05-25 10:05:11
Subject: adsm 3.1 for nt with library compaq dlt 3570
From: Andreas Boesler <bo AT BBMA2.MA.BUB DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 16:05:11 +0200
Hi all,

I try to define a library compaq dlt 3570 with 2 drives.

The command
     define library lib1 libtype=scsi device=lb6.0.0.1
was ok.

But the command
     define drive lib1 drive1 device=mt4.0.0.1 element=1
brings the error
     ANR8420E DEFINE DRIVE: An I/O error occured while accessing drive DRIVE1.

I don't know the element#s. I tried all numbers until 128.
The library is in the list "supported devices" but NOT in the Administrators
Guide on
http://www.storage.ibm.com/software/adsm/pubs/v3pubs/wnt/html/admgde/a45ea191.htm#Header_765

The ADSM Server Utilities / Diagnostics says the following.

Device Type              ADSM Device Name   ADSM Device Type  ID LUN Bus Port
Device Identifier
-------------------
TapePeripheral           n/a                GENERIC TAPE       4  0   0 1
DT00CQLR13AS-32160 S6CA
TapePeripheral           n/a                GENERIC TAPE       4  0   0 1
DT00CQLR13AS-32160 S6CA
TapePeripheral           n/a                GENERIC TAPE       5  0   0 1
DT00CQLR13
MediumChangerPeripheral  lb6.0.0.1          LIBRARY            6  0   0 1  HP
C5173-7000 4.01

ADSM-Version: 3.1.1.2

NT: 4.0 / Service Pack 3 / driver not loaded

Thanks
Andreas Boesler.