ADSM-L

Integrity Error

1998-05-22 07:27:09
Subject: Integrity Error
From: Matthew Warren <Matthew.Warren AT MARKS-AND-SPENCER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 12:27:09 +0100
Hello People,

        While performing a restore to a Novell client it fell over with
message ANW0540W - Data integrity error detected.

        This wasnt noticed untill a few hours afterwards.

        The restore was run again to see if the problem re-occurred, If
so the plan was to audit the database and see if that heled.

        During the second try of the restore  it failed because the
process asked for an offsite copy pool tape volume.

        I thought that offsite volumes are never requested as they are
simply a copy of the onsite data?
        how could this situation occur?

        I have now started a DBBACKUP and AUDIT to see if this helps

        has anyone else any ideas?

Thankyou,

Matthew Warren.

matthew.warren AT marks-and-spencer DOT com