ADSM-L

Re: How do you deal with...?

1998-05-21 17:06:03
Subject: Re: How do you deal with...?
From: Tom Bell <tom.bell AT WAII DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 16:06:03 -0500
> That's pretty gutsy, deleting filespaces, even after 120 days of inactivity.
> Aren't you worried you might delete someone's archived files?

Good point, which is why after deleting my own archives in a test, we
only delete backups, not archives (del file <node> <filespace> t=b).  In
our environment, the majority of the files are very large, but of very
limited time-value, so not deleting the filespaces after a reasonable
period (we only retain deleted files for 30 days) would add hundreds of
gigabytes to our storage pool.

--
Tom Bell                                    tom.bell AT wg.waii DOT com
Tom Bell                                    tom.bell AT wg.waii DOT com