ADSM-L

How do you deal with...?

1998-05-21 13:48:30
Subject: How do you deal with...?
From: Gene Mangum <gmangum AT UMICH DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 13:48:30 -0400
I'm wondering how large shops deal with the problem that when a filesystem
is deleted from a client, ADSM will not expire backups of files in that
filesystem.   I had expected that it should treat them just as deleted
files, but when I found lots of old backups of files from deleted
filesystems, the support center explained that the only way to destroy
the backups was to delete the filespace in ADSM.   This seems like an
administrative nightmare in a large shop with lots of clients.

--
Gene Mangum
Gene Mangum