ADSM-L

AIX 4.2.1 ADSM 3.1.1.2

1998-05-21 13:33:20
Subject: AIX 4.2.1 ADSM 3.1.1.2
From: George Hagopian <GHagopian AT KRMS01.KRMEDIASTREAM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 13:33:20 -0400
Greetings to the group.

I was working w/ db.dsm and was making it in its own filesystem due to
testing we had filled it up.
In making the change I in advertently removed the current file in the
new filesystem and by luck had shutdown the adsm server.
Now I am unable to create a new db.dsm or start the server...in other
words...HELP...

The steps I was taking to move this file(creating a new one) is

# /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/dsmfmt -m -db /adsmdb/db1.dsm 50
ADSM> define dbvol /adsmdb/db1.dsm
ADSM> extend db 50

I wanted to bump up the size to 50m instead of the 12m. We are going to
be backing up about 650g and we think we need the room...we could be
wrong...

ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks ahead of time for you help