ADSM-L

Re: Lost VCR DATA--3570/3575

1998-05-21 13:13:38
Subject: Re: Lost VCR DATA--3570/3575
From: Keenan D Stratton <stratkee AT GTI DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 13:13:38 -0400
Gail,

I too have experienced this "lost VCR data" error.  Tech support has
explained to me that the lost VCR error is not critical because once ADSM
uses that tape volume, the VCR header gets overwritten and corrects the
problem.  Yes this problem causes ADSM to become very sluggish but not hang.
We installed new 3570 microcode that helped reduce the number of errors.  We
still occasionally see them.

Keenan D Stratton
DMR Consulting Group
E-mail: Keenan AT Webname DOT com