ADSM-L

Re: DB Backup Volumes

1998-05-20 20:05:44
Subject: Re: DB Backup Volumes
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 10:05:44 +1000
Hi Simon,

No, there is no parameter to set. You need to set up the 'delete
volhist' schedule.

There is one thing that I have noticed since upgrading to V3. When an
EXPIRE INVENTORY job finishes, the summary information written to the
activity log says how many backup and archive objects were deleted, but
it also says how many DB backup volumes were deleted. In our case this
is always 0. Anyone know what this is about? Maybe there is a setting
somewhere so that EXPIRE INVENTORY takes care of old DB backup volumes.

Trevor
Trevor Foley
Trevor Foley
Bankers Trust Australia Limited
Phone: 61-2-9259 3944    Fax: 61-2-9259 2659