ADSM-L

Re: Chewed 3590 cartridge

1998-05-19 12:55:49
Subject: Re: Chewed 3590 cartridge
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 02:55:49 +1000
Hi Dwight,

"query content vol_ser" will show all valid ie unexpired files on the
tape. What I want to know is which of those files are active ie "latest
backup, not deleted on client" files.

It seems that Reinhard my be right that there is no way to determine
this. It would be better if I could go back to the owners of the
affected systems and give them more detail then 'we lost some of your
files; here are the names but we can't tell you anything else like when
they were backed up, etc.'.

Trevor