ADSM-L

Netware backup via TCP/IP

2015-10-04 17:58:04
Subject: Netware backup via TCP/IP
From: owner-adsm-l AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU at SMTP
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 5/15/98 5:33PM
You didn't say what level of NetWare you are running, but I think that it
comes as part of NetWare - at least from the license standpoint.  You may not
have it activated (or perhaps installed), but it does come with NetWare - at
least it did on V3, so I would assume that it does on V4.  We have it
installed and running on our servers, and it really isn't much of an issue
once you have it up.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  owner-adsm-l AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU at SMTP
Date:    5/15/98 5:33 PM

We would like to start backing up our Novell Netware clients to ADSM MVS
server via TCP/IP. The MVS server does not currently have IPX loaded. And
the Novell servers do not have TCP/IP loaded. I don't know anything about
Netware but the group that does has this question.

Can we backup Novell server via IPX/SPX thru an IP to IPX gateway then to
MVS via TCP/IP????

How does anyone else handle this problem? If this isn't possible can I load
IPX on ADSM NT server??