ADSM-L

HSM errors - ANR0444W

1998-05-14 13:35:06
Subject: HSM errors - ANR0444W
From: Mike Berkley <Mike.Berkley AT EC.GC DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 10:35:06 -0700
I'm having trouble using HSM with ADSM.

My first attempt was to use HSM from a Version 2 client to a Version 3
server.  File migration works fine, but file recall results in a
protocol error.

    ANR0444W Protocol error on session 954 for node JQPUBLIC (AIX) -
    out-of-sequence verb (type SignOff) received.

    ANR0484W Session 954 for node JQPUBLIC (AIX) terminated - protocol
    violation detected.

We're running AIX 4.1.5 (upgrade to 4.3 is planned for the fall).
There is no ADSM Version 3 HSM client for AIX 4.1.5, so HSM client
nodes have to run ADSM Version 2.

Can anybody suggest what I could be doing to cause this problem, or is
ANR0444W a known ADSM bug?

Thanks